Evac vacuum drainage system helped Sydney’s 6 Star Office Building, 1 Bligh Street set new standards in green technology and makes fitting out new tenancies simple offering 100% freedom in design.
Sydney Offices 1 Bligh Street
We were awarded the task to supply a vacuum collection system for this iconic building with the primary use being to collect waste water from mid and high level base building services. The Evac system was subsequently found to be the perfect solution for providing drainage to individual tenancies for their hydraulic services without the need to impact of the buildings complex structure.
Connected services include:
- Level 29 cooling towers, boilers, chillers, and floor wastes
- Level 16 chillers and floor wastes
- Level 17 through 28 fit outs
- Scalability for connecting new services as required.
Builder: Grocon Pty Ltd
Other Information: 30 storeys, 42,000 square meters of floor space
System Details Demand: 200m3 combined Hydraulic and Pneumatic (calculated on peak use)
Redundancy Required: Full 100% redundancy on complete collection plant including pumps, tanks and control panels.
BENEFITS OF VACUUM
- With easy access to the vacuum system through capped connections on each level, the building owner can now offer access to 100% of the Net Lettable Area (NLA) on tenancy fit‐outs with no limitation on hydraulic services placement.
- Since the vacuum drainage system lifts waste vertically, there is no requirement to penetrate the slab during ongoing refits after the building has been completed.
- Using small bore piping, waste is quickly and efficiently transported overhead between existing services to the main vacuum riser and since there is no reliance on gravity, this can be done with very limited loss of grade.
WOULD YOUR PROJECT BENEFIT FROM VACUUM?
Need to enquire about a possible project coming up? Fill out below: