We delivered Evac vacuum drainage technology to a childcare project to help overcome design and schedule constraints from working within an existing commercial tenancy.
Sydney Childcare Centre
Below this project site was a three storey entry foyer of one of Sydney’s premier blue chip firms boasting some impressive ceilings and finishes which could not be dismantled to conduct conventional plumbing. The challenge for the hydraulic consultant was to find a cost effective and reliable solution to enable the delivery of the project.
Not only did Evac vacuum drainage system enable this project to go ahead, it also proved to be a financially responsible solution where core holing was drastically reduced and the requirement for weeks of high level scaffolding were eliminated.
Location: Sydney City
Demand: 65m3/hr combined Hydraulic and Pneumatic (calculated on peak use)
Redundancy Required: 100% redundancy through the inclusion of an additional vacuum pump
Connected Services: Grey water collection through 2L and 5L Vacuum Interface Units (VIU) plus showers, floor wastes and children’s toilets
BENEFITS OF VACUUM
- Provides complete flexibility and last minute changes in sink and waste location
- Eliminates costly work schedules for remodelling
- Eliminates the need for and the cost of under slab gravity waste piping
- Reduces installation time and cost compared to under slab gravity waste piping
- Makes last minute floor plan adjustments quick and easy
- Eliminates blocked drains and odours from under slab waste piping
- Provides a safe, reliable and easily to maintain waste collection system
WOULD YOUR PROJECT BENEFIT FROM VACUUM?
Need to enquire about a possible project coming up? Fill out below: